Coastline High Performance Coatings, LTD.
Statement of Policy
Your order is accepted, but acceptance and all processing done by Coastline High Performance Coatings, LTD., is expressly conditioned upon acceptance by you of the following terms and conditions.
TERMS: Net 30. 1 1/2% monthly service charge on overdue accounts. Terms for invoices containing charges for precious metals are Net 10 days. If action is instituted on an account, customer to pay such sums as the court may fix as reasonable attorney’s fees and costs. The parties hereby acknowledge that this contract for processing is entered into in Garden Grove, California.
RESPONSIBILITY POLICY: On salvage parts, pro-type parts, experimental orders, and minimum charge orders, Coastline High Performance Coatings, LTD., will not accept responsibility for damage parts.
In the case of damage in process or shortages, customer account shall be credited to the extent as outlined below. All credit is conditional, however, upon Coastline High Performance Coatings, LTD., being notified of any defective work or shortages, within ten days from delivery thereof.
The members of the Metal Finishing Association of Southern California wish to remind you of the established practices of the metal finishing industry in processing your materials. These practices have been formalized and unanimously adopted by the members of the Association as a Statement Policy.
It is generally recognized that even after employing all the science known to us, and capable men with years of training, there still remain hazards in the metal finishing fields. As a consequence, in order to avoid misunderstandings, we are setting forth below conditions under which your material will be accepted by us for processing.
- Whenever we are given material with detailed instructions as to treatment, our responsibility shall end with carrying out of those instructions. Type of materials, tolerances and specifications for processing shall be declared in writing to our processing.
- Our liability for any causes is limited to the cost of direct labor and material of the products directly damaged by our processing or three times our processing charges on such material, whichever is lesser. Charges for our services are based on this Policy limiting our liability.
- Liability greater than that outlined in paragraph (2) above will be assumed by us only when agreed in writing by us. In such an event, a higher charge may be made for our services.
- Parts, materials, etc., as processed by us shall be presumed to be accepted as satisfactory by you if we are not notified of damages, shortages, or other discrepancies within ten working days of your receipt of the same.
Rejected parts must be returned to us for rework. Further processing of assembly of unsatisfactory parts, materials, etc., by you or any other party shall constitute a waiver of any liability on our part.
- Where operations or processes performed by us are in the nature of “salvaging” parts or materials, the work is accepted on a “best effort” basis and no liability shall attach to us unless previously agreed upon in writing prior to processing of the job.
- In the event that results of metal finishing operations are unsatisfactory due to metal imperfections, charges in grade or composition of materials, manufacturing and/or fabrications imperfections, usages for which the plating or other finishing operation was not reasonably designed, and similar variables over which we have no control, customer would be required to pay contracted amount of the finishing operation performed.
- Coastline High Performance Coatings, LTD., is not bound by any terms on customers’ order blanks which attempt to impose any conditions at variance with Coastline High Performance Coatings, LTD., terms and conditions of sale which are included herein or stared on Coastline High Performance Coatings, LTD., packages, invoices and technical date sheets. Coastline High Performance Coatings, LTD., failure to object to provisions contained in the aforementioned forms shall not be deemed a waiver of the provisions of Coastline High Performance Coatings, LTD., terms and conditions shall constitute the entire contract between the parties.